Author Topic: P4_ripplingShader  (Read 197 times)

emerca20

P4_ripplingShader
« on: November 15, 2016, 01:32:08 PM »
Project 4 was somewhat open ended, we were asked to make a shader that simulates animated ripples and incorporate it with a short segment of live action footage.

For my project in particular, I decided to use a glass door and then composite a 3D plane (with the ripple shader)  in its place.  I will post pictures ASAP, the ones I have are over the forum limit at the moment.

jencruz93

• Portfolio
Re: P4_ripplingShader
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 09:39:37 AM »
Sounds like a great idea. I can't wait to see it.

emerca20

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 01:14:25 PM »
Here's a still of my ripple so far.  I have it animating how I like because it degrades as it gets bigger over time, but I'm still having a bit trouble getting the sine wave-based ripples to work.  At this point I might have to scrap that gem.

**Not pictured, I was able to let the user pick how many ripples are created and randomize the position for each one.  I can upload a picture of that later.

**Color is subject to change.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 01:17:57 PM by emerca20 »

emerca20

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 01:24:12 PM »
Here's another still, this time showing my randomly placed ripples that the last (purple) picture didn't show.

The colors are subject to change because this is a normal pass, which I'll use to distort my live action plate in order to fake a refraction in Nuke.

Still no working sine waves.

jencruz93

• Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 06:07:45 PM »
Good job getting multiple ripples in at the same time. Can't wait to see your refraction.

victoria

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2016, 01:00:13 PM »
I really like your process shots. What you showed in class today is far off from where you were. Make sure you upload your final so that future students can benefit.

I think your colorgrade down the center of your final was a little strong but your concept and execution were very strong.